Leehing

Leehing

Saturday, June 23, 2012

The nice story behind the Antique ROCHE & CIE GRAND PRIX PARIS 1900 match candles holder

This beautiful antique box of match candles holder (I wish it was mine, but I am not willing to pay more than 100$ for it...), were said to be used by women in brothels, believe it or not....as a Timer!!. A man would pay his dues and then she would light the candle. Once the candle went out, the session was over. The candle is supposed to stay lit for roughly seven minutes.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have one of the Roche & Cie Grand Prix Paris 1900 matches and match box in great condition. Are you interested in buying. Purchased at an estate auction in the 1960's.

Unknown said...

Please email me if you have not sold

Unknown said...

I have three boxes. (One is torn). Let me know if interested (make offer). Will send photos if I have an email that can receive them. Contact Cindy at LewisDandC@Gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...