Leehing

Leehing

Monday, November 21, 2011

Vintage Matchbooks are like ‘time capsules’ that capture the aesthetic of the 1930′s - A short time collector

A short time collector...: "The closest I’ve ever come to collecting anything was a five day encounter in 1993 with the idea that accumulating matchbooks might be my go. Unfortunately my short attention span meant my collection only ever consisted of two before I tired of the idea.
Even though I didn’t get very far with my collection, I’ve continued to carry a torch for vintage matchbooks – every cover is like a mini pop masterpiece. Take these treasures that were recently unearthed at a NYC flea market. Made by Lion Match USA, these matchbooks are like ‘time capsules’ that capture the aesthetic of the 1930′s.
Are you a collector? What have you had more success than me in amassing?"



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...